Follow the 3 W’s – Wash hands frequently, Watch distance (ideally 6ft), and Wear face covering correctly, and the 2 A’s – Avoid Crowds and Arrange for outdoor activities instead of indoors whenever possible.
GET YOUR VACCINE – SEE THE SCHEDULE
STAY HOME IF SICK
Case counts and vaccine data is taken from GBHU Epidemiological Reports as of 23:59 hrs, December 27, 2021:
All data is preliminary and subject to change. Future situation reports will be updated accordingly.
- 83 new cases reported in past 24 hours in Grey Bruce: 19 – Saugeen Shores, 15 – Owen Sound, 10 – Kincardine, 5 – Blue Mountains, 4 – Brockton, 4 – Georgian Bluffs, 4 – Northern Bruce Peninsula, 3 – Grey Highlands, 3 – Huron-Kinloss, 3 – Meaford, 3 – West Grey, 2 – South Bruce Peninsula, 2 – Southgate, 1 – Arran-Elderslie, 1 – Chatsworth, 1 – Hanover, 3 – Unknown
- 3334 confirmed cases (including 1 confirmed cases of the Omicron Variant)
- 505 active cases
- High risk Contacts will no longer be reported due to the change in case and contact management – COVID-19 Case and Contact Management Updated Process
- 2801 resolved cases
- 6 confirmed local active cases hospitalized in Grey Bruce due to COVID-19
- 0 confirmed case from Grey Bruce is hospitalized outside of Grey Bruce due to COVID-19
- 16 deaths in Grey Bruce
- +1 death related to a Grey Bruce resident that acquired the infection and was treated outside of Grey Bruce
- +7 deaths related to Grey Bruce residents that acquired the infection in Grey Bruce however passed away outside of Grey Bruce
- Local and Provincial data may not align as cases with unconfirmed cause of death are not included above but are included in the Provincial data.
- 128 cases reported in health care workers; reports health care workers living in Grey Bruce and working both in and outside Grey Bruce